Even Swindon Primary School is committed to the promotion of welfare and safeguarding of all children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment.
protect from harm or damage with an appropriate measure.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead- Alison Lowe, Headteacher
Our Deputy Safeguarding Leads- Jo Shaw, Deputy Headteacher; Rob Hicks, Assistant Headteacher; Naomi Sly, Assistant Headteacher
Carol Chard, Pastoral
The staff and governors of Even Swindon Primary School are committed to:
- Maintaining an attitude of ‘It could happen here’.
- Ensuring the school practices safer recruitment in checking the suitability of staff, governors and volunteers to work with children.
- Understanding, and adhering to the school’s code of conduct.
- Establishing and maintaining a safe school environment, where all children feel secure, can learn and develop, are encouraged to talk and are listened to, where their views are valued and respected.
- Ensuring children are taught about safeguarding, including online safety, through teaching and learning opportunities, as part of a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Working in partnership with other agencies, sharing information with them, attending child protection conferences, core groups and preparing reports.
- Yearly update training on safeguarding and child protection to all staff- including detailed training on Prevent and FGM.
- All staff are required to read and understand Part 1 of Keeping Children Safe in Education
Please click here to read our latest Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
Health and Safety
Our site and facilities are constantly monitored and maintained to provide a safe and secure environment for all staff, students and visitors. We undertake regular fire drills and plan for any possible emergency scenarios. All teaching assistants attend a First Aid training course and work in conjunction with our Medicines and Sickness Policy; as well as our school Nurse, Sarah Hattmon.
All staff and visitors onsite are expected to sign in using our visitor management system and wear any relevant ID.
All trips outside of Even Swindon are risk assessed and appropriate measures are put in place for the safety of our pupils.
Any Health and Safety issues should be reported to our Health and Safety Lead- Emma Pearce
Swindon Borough Council follows the guidance set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education relating to safer recruitment processes. All visiting professionals who visit Even Swindon Primary School and have unsupervised regular access to children and young people must have had the relevant pre-employment checks carried out, including DBS checks.
All school system are ran and maintained in house with appropriate filtering and restrictions in place to limit what students and staff are able to access. Web traffic is monitored and logged in accordance with the Prevent Policy. E-safety plays a large roll in the PSHE and Computing Curriculum which is developed by our E-safety Lead- Rob Hicks.
We also offer help and advice during parents evenings and through E-safety parent workshops.
Useful Contacts and Links
Family Contact Point- 01793 466903
NSPCC safeguarding helpline- 0808 800 5000
Children Home Alone during summer breaks
Follow the link below to read useful information when it comes to leaving your children home alone in the summer