Even Swindon Primary School is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What We Collect
When you visit and register for interest for a place in one of our nurseries at on Even Swindon you will be asked to provide your full name, email address and age of child who you are registering interest for.
We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us.
What We Do with The Information We Gather
Your information will be passed onto our Early Years administrator and will be stored on our mail server. This will enable us to email you directly with further information and forms.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
How to access personal information we hold about you
You can find out if we hold any personal information about you, and how we use it, by making a ‘subject access request’, as long as we judge that you can properly understand your rights and what they mean.
If we do hold information about you, we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding and using it, and how long we will keep it for
- Explain where we got it from
- Tell you who it has been, or will be, shared with
- Let you know if we are using your data to make any automated decisions (decisions being taken by a computer or machine, rather than by a person)
- Give you a copy of the information
You may also ask us to send your personal information to another organisation electronically in certain circumstances.
If you want to make a request, please contact our data protection officer.
Your other rights over your data
You have other rights over how your personal data is used and kept safe, including the right to:
- Say that you don’t want it to be used if this would cause, or is causing, harm or distress
- Say that you don’t want it used to make automated decisions (decisions made by a computer or machine, rather than by a person)
- Have it corrected, deleted or destroyed if it is wrong, or restrict our use of it
- Claim compensation if the data protection rules are broken and this harms you in some way
We take any complaints about how we collect and use your personal data very seriously, so please let us know if you think we’ve done something wrong.
You can make a complaint at any time by contacting our data protection officer.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in one of the following ways:
- Report a concern online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- Call 0303 123 1113
- Or write to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
If you have any questions, concerns or would like more information about anything mentioned in this privacy notice, please contact the school office. For contact details, please refer to our contact us page.