SEN Coordinator: Lucy Butcher
Phone: 01793 523041
At Even Swindon we deliver a well-structured and stimulating curriculum which allows all children to excel in their talents and achieve their ambitions.
The school’s Special Educational Needs policy provides a structured approach to special needs within the school and our staff work together to support children with a wide range of academic, physical and social needs. Maintaining a very close working relationship with children, staff, parents and other agencies.
Even Swindon Primary school ensures that we:
- Use our best endeavours to make sure that a child with SEND gets the support they need – this means doing everything we can to meet children and young people’s SEND.
- Ensure that children and young people with SEND engage in the activities of the school alongside pupils who do not have SEND.
- Designate a teacher to be responsible for co-ordinating SEND provision (the SEND co-ordinator, or SENCo).
- Inform parents when they are making special educational provision for a child.
- Prepare a report annually on the implementation of their SEND policy and their arrangements for the admission of children with SEND, the steps being taken to treat SEND children equitably, the facilities provided to enable access to the school for all children and their accessibility plan showing how they plan to improve access progressively over time
If you are a parent/carer of a child with a special educational need or disability then visit Swindon Borough Council’s local offer website. It can be used to find out more information about local services and support for children, young people and their families with a special educational need or a disability.