National contacts

Child protection

Textphone for deaf and hard of hearing people 0800 056 0566


If you have any concerns about a child, call the NSPCC Child Protection Helpline,

A free 24 hour service that provides advice to anyone concerned about a child at risk of abuse. You can call anonymously.

NSPCC Child Protection
Helpline: 0808 800 500
NSPCC Asian Child Protection
Helpline 0800 096 7719
(Mon-Fri 11am – 7pm)
NSPCC Cymru/Wales Child Protection
Helpline 0808 100 2524
(Mon-Fri 10am – 6pm, billingual Welsh/English Service)


ChildLine provides a free, confidential, UK wide phone counselling service for any child with any problem, 24 hours a day, every day. Children and young people can also write to ChildLine using the Freepost address.

Helpline 0800 1111
Address: ChildLine, Freepost 1111, London N1 OBR


Home-Start recruits and trains volunteers to support parents with young children at home, across the whole of the UK.

Helpline: 0800 068 63 68

National Child Protection Helpline (Scotland)

The helpline provides information to the public about what steps to take if they are concerned about a child and may be contacted 24 hours a day.

Helpline: 0800 022 3222

Parents Advice Centre (Northern Ireland)

The centre provides help, support and guidance to parents on any family problem.

The service is available in Northern Ireland.

Helpline: 0808 8010 722
Website: Parenting NI

Parentline Plus

Parentline Plus is the free, confidential helpline for anyone in a parenting role in England and Wales, including step-parents and those experiencing family change.

Helpline: 0808 800 2222
Textphone: 0800 783 6783

In an emergency (eg, if you see a child being abused), call the police on 999.

You will find details of your local authority, council or trust at Welcome to GOV.UK ( or in your local telephone directory. Alternatively, try your local library, a telephone helpline service or the Citizens Advice Bureau at:

Austism Spectrum
Sally Grubb- Branch manager for NAS. Tel: 07963 636 633

Benefit Advice

Government services and information


Family/Child Support